Microsoft have today launched a new HoloLens Commercial Suite which packages the AR headset as a business ready bundle.
The bundle focuses the HoloLens on business specific functions with some new features that would benefit buyers intending on using the headset for business purposes.
Consumers are already able to buy the HoloLens Developer Edition for a price of $3,000 since Microsoft opened the doors and dropped the restrictions for purchasing a HoloLens.
- Now is your chance to buy a Microsoft HoloLens
- Microsoft HoloLens: everything you need to know
- Microsoft’s Hololens Developer Packaging reveals click-based controller
The new Commercial Suite package includes a collection of Enterprise software features that Microsoft feel will be important to business users. The company is looking to use this new suite to help drive adoption of the Windows Holographic API. The suite also allows for bulk purchase of the HoloLens to overcome the current quantity limitation. It’s likely that mass purchases will undoubtedly be up for negotiation when it comes to price.
Here’s what else the HoloLens ‘Commercial Suite’ brings to business purchasers:
- Kiosk mode. With HoloLens kiosk mode, you can limit which apps to run to enable demo or showcase experiences.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for HoloLens. Your IT department can manage multiple HoloLens devices simultaneously using solutions like Microsoft InTune. You will be able to manage settings, select apps to install and set security configurations tailored to your organization’s need.
- Identity. Azure Active Directory and next generation credentials with PIN unlock.
- Windows Update for Business. Controlled operating system updates to devices and support for long term servicing branch.
- Data security. BitLocker data encryption and secure boot is enabled on HoloLens to provide the same level of security protection as any other Windows device.
- Work access. Anyone in your organization can remotely connect to the corporate network through a virtual private network on a HoloLens. HoloLens can also access Wi-Fi networks that require credentials.
- Windows Store for Business. Your IT department can also set up an enterprise private store, containing only your company’s apps for your specific HoloLens usage. Securely distribute your enterprise software to selected group of enterprise users.
The Commercial Suite is perfect for companies looking to integrate and enhance its workflow with augmented reality, and the HoloLens is the most advanced way to currently do that.
Participating in the Commercial Suite will get you:
Having opened up the purchases to consumers, it seems that Microsoft are now targeting businesses in a hope to expand and increase adoption of the HoloLens. For more information you can check out the HoloLens Commercial Suite website.