If you’ve been eager to go out and experience arts and culture but are finding yourself short on time, virtual reality may have just changed your life.
Sky VR is a new company on the block looking to change the way you experience content. Through an app you can download on your phone, users will be able to watch sports, concerts, and more like never before. The app has just launched onto the app store, and the company behind it is celebrating with the launch of 2 new virtual experiences.
Sky Sports: Closer features David Beckham, and gives users a look into the world of extreme sports at the click of a button. The experience was created in collaboration with Google, and gives viewers the opportunity to watch motor sports ringside or trackside at Silverstone.
It was great to work with Sky and Google on this film to launch the new Sky Virtual Reality app.
The team from the Sky VR studio came up with an incredible concept that shows the range of sport Sky offers. Being able to take other sports fans on a journey into some of the world’s biggest sporting events was a unique opportunity.
While this content is out now, the company has also announced another experience launching later this Autumn, featuring English National Ballet’s production of Giselle, along with Sky News – US Electionsand Tutankhamun’s Tomb -The Search for Nefertiti.
There will be around 20 different experiences available at launch. Some of these include:
- Star Wars: Red Carpet (Sky Cinema) – get closer to the red carpet at the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Anthony Joshua: Becoming World Champion – see Anthony as you have never seen him before, as he becomes IBF world heavyweight champion
- Disney – two VR experiences from The Jungle Book, enabling viewers to get up close and personal with King Louie and Kaa
- Warner Brothers – Suicide Squad – Squad 360 – viewers can see what it’s like being a member of the Suicide Squad during a scene from the film.
- Team Sky – Journey to the Tour – follow the team preparing for their third Tour de France
- F1 – Team Williams – lets fans go behind the scenes of the Williams team, in the pit lane and in car viewing
Find these experiences and many more in Google Play and the App Store.